16 April 2024

Stories

I have often said that I just write about what I see. And then I publish my texts and wait to see how readers react to them.

Not many comments do I receive on this blog, but the information stays here and anyone can come back to check it. And at some point someone sees it and continues writing the story.

That is what Joshua Danley, author of The Pelikan's Perch, just did. He now tells the story of Kabutogi Ginjiro's Pelikan nibs from a different perspective while adding a lot of information on the original –Pelikan's— counterparts of the moment.

Only one of those nibs was made by Pelikan.

Two suspiciously similar pens, but only one of them is an Ishi Shoten-Yotsubishi. The other, on the back, is anonymous, but its nib was made by Kabutogi Ginjiro.

And that is great as the whole point of these texts is to learn about fountain pens and about their history.

Thanks, Joshua.


Romillo WiPens Toledo – Pilot (Thai) Black

Bruno Taut
April 16th, 2024
etiquetas: Pelikan, nibmeister Kabutogi Ginjiro, metabitácora

7 comments:

Papish said...

I need to post more comments 😄

You know I always read everything you publish, anyway.

It's great to see that the Pelikan's Perch echoes your information and adds new things. All of us benefit of your hard work 😁

Bruno Taut said...

Thanks, Papish. I know you are a loyal reader and I appreciate that.

Cheers,

BT

id00092 said...

do you still post on instagram?

Bruno Taut said...

No, I do not.

BT

Jesús said...

Hello everyone.
I have been reading you for some time, however this is the first comment I have written on your blog. I started reading your blog after a surgical operation that forced me to rest. You are my reference in Japanese pens and I read you carefully. I hope you continue with this fantastic work that enriches fans like me so much. Thanks for your dedication.

Jesús said...

I add, you are the coupe that I have acquired in this last year, several Sailor (1911 large, PG, all of the station series, several slim. Pilot (falcon, 912 FA, 743 FA, 823 F, 845F, capless). Platinum (preppy 5 or 6, 3776 blue and red). I have completed the above with various inks you have reported on and the excellent Japanese notebooks and papers.

Bruno Taut said...

Thanks, Jesús, for your comment(s). I am happy to know my writings were useful.

Now, I rarely speak about paper, and my last report on notebooks said nothing about the quality of their paper! Anyway, I think you know by now that some Japanese paper is truly exceptional in quality.

Hope all your health problems were solved by now.

Cheers,

BT

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.